Printing Press OperatorFull time @Alpha Press Inc. posted 1 week ago
Alpha Press, a second-generation family-owned printer, is seeking an individual to assist our growing needs. Our production department is pursuing an offset printing press operator for a full-time position, 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday). Preference given to those with experience in operating a Halm Jet Press and/or envelope printing experience.
- This individual will be responsible for setting up and running an envelope fed offset press.
- This position requires extensive knowledge of the offset and envelope printing process
- Must have make ready, operation and maintenance experience.
- Must possess strong motivation, good judgment, sense of urgency to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented manufacturing environment.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
- The pressman is responsible for setup and operation of press equipment while continuing to monitor quality, performing manual and machine operated tasks.
- Must be able to lift and move over 50lbs
- Operator must be able to understand and perform prescribed preventative maintenance on press as required
- Examines printed copy for correct density, correct registration, and position
- Operator must have the ability to troubleshoot and make decisions regarding the quality of the finished products to keep at the highest standards
- Produces reliable quality results to keep pace with production objectives