Printing Press OperatorFreelance Brook & Whittle posted 8 hours ago
We are looking for an experienced Press Operator for Friday – Sunday (7:00am-7:00pm).
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the job is set up properly with Press Assistant
- Perform routine maintenance on schedule and according to procedure to promote machine stability and dependability.
- Monitor the printing process to maintain print quality.
- Assists in training individuals and other team members as assigned.
- Complies with established safety procedures and policies.
- Works with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
- Focuses on Continuous Improvement, Quality, Improved Cycle Times, Safety, Cost Reductions, and Customer Satisfaction.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and core processes.
- Performs other job duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 3 yrs. min. Flexo Printing experience preferred
- Previous print industry experience is required.
- 3 yrs. machinery repair or manufacturing experience required
- Possess excellent computer skills
- Prior experience troubleshooting printing-related challenges
- Knowledge/experience of plates, stocks, cold foils, hot stamps, screens, inks, and varnishes
- Ability to lift 10 – 15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 50 pound.
- Must be able to stand for the majority of the shift.
- Must be able to differentiate and reduce between color variance.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, grasp and reach frequently.
- Must be able to perform well under deadline constraints and meet quality standards.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent, quality driven work habits.
- Willingness to work overtime, rotating shifts, and if needed, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States without restriction.
Brook & Whittle Ltd. is one of North America’s leading Sustainable Labeling Solutions providers, producing pressure sensitive, flexographic and shrink sleeve labels for many of the nation’s leading brands. The company serves multiple consumer markets, including Personal Care, Beverage, Food, Nutraceuticals, Wine & Spirits, and Household Chemicals.
The company’s rapid growth can be attributed to its world-class staff of employees and its commitment to sustainability, print innovation, and the latest technological advancements. Wouldn’t it be cool to go into a store, pick up a product and say we make that label!
Our culture is first and foremost one of collaboration and teamwork. We hold ourselves to high professional, ethical, and fairness standards. We have zero tolerance for anything less. We celebrate our diverse workforce and reward good performance through our recognition program, advancement opportunities, and our compensation structure. We welcome you to consider being a part of this great team.
Brook & Whittle LTD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brook & Whittle complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Brook & Whittle expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brook & Whittle LTD’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.