We are looking to welcome a collaborative and results focused Print Operations Manager to lead our growing and developing Pre-Press Team. This role is instrumental in bridging our operational-based pre-press functions with both our customer needs and our manufacturing requirements. We strive to create a best-in-class print experience for our customers, achieved through creating systems and processes that create alignment with Pre-Press, Production, Sales, and Customer Service.
- Using a hands-on approach, analyze the needs and requirements of the Pre-Press Department from the view of multiple stakeholders including our Customers, Sales & Customer Service, and Production
- Keeps abreast of new methods, processes and procedures in all Pre-Press related functions
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new software and equipment to senior management
- With a keen focus on technology and workflow, optimize our processes and procedures to support our company’s drive for best in market order lead-time while ensuring high quality standards
- Actively participate and be a strong team member of a collaborative and solutions-focused lateral team, consisting of Production, Sales, and Customer Service Team Leaders
- Maintain a positive and customer-focused culture
Qualifications and Skills:
Process Driven, People Focused
- 3+ years proven experience as a customer-focused operational leader, ideally in a print or packaging environment
- Experience working with multiple software systems and successfully integrating workflows between departments
- Competency in working with vendors to help reach our desired future state of integration
- Thrives in a true team environment, demonstrating strategy and execution through collaboration
- Experience with software and prepress methods is an asset – Esko Workflow, InDesign, Illustrator
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma, however consideration will be given to and individual’s background and experience
- Reports to the Vice President of Retail Packaging
- Overall responsibility of the Pre-Press Team, including directly managing the Pre-Press Supervisor, and indirect management of the Pre-Press team
- Strategizes and closely collaborates with department leaders in Sales, Production, Design, and Customer Service to solve problems and achieve cross-departmental goals
- Customer Excellence: Play a leading role in ensuring that our service and value to our customers is best in class
- Continuous Improvement: Determine and implement strategies and workflows to continually improve service, increase efficiencies, and expand the abilities of yourself and team
- Culture: A dedicated and enthusiastic attitude that provides a positive, action-oriented outlook to not only the Pre-Press team but GLBC as a whole
- Trust: Takes an approachable and supportive attitude to establish a sense of trust with your team, coworkers, suppliers, and customer
GLBC is fully committed to two things – our employees and our customers. We offer employee based recognition and reward programs including profit sharing and companywide performance goals. We emphasize teamwork but value individual contributions to the team. Come join our winning team. We’re passionate, energetic, and committed to providing excellence in packaging solutions.
If you are someone who values customers and a truly Great place to work – Please apply!
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.