Print AssistantFull time WestRock posted 5 hours ago
30, Colquhoun Avenue, Hillington Park
Glasgow, G52 4BN
We have an opportunity for a Print Assistant to join our established and growing print and packaging company, based at our Hillington facility.
WestRock are a global print and packaging manufacturer and employ over 50,000 team members to support our customers around the world from more than 320 operating sites spanning across North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. WestRock’s Hillington facility manufacture high end printed labels for clients within the food, alcohol, and beverage markets.
The Print Assistant will provide support and assistance to the operators in setting up and making ready the printing presses. Whilst experience gained within a similar role would be desirable, we would consider candidates who have the right attitude, willingness to learn and transferrable skills.
This role works on a rotational dayshift/nightshift roster pattern Monday to Friday. No weekend working and we can offer an immediate start for the right candidate.
- Support the Print Operators to achieve KPIs and produce outstanding quality work
- Ensure everything is ready for the following jobs on the presses – including machine set up, materials, inks and plates
- Ensure machine maintenance is performed to the highest standards including cleanliness of machine and production areas
- Follow instructions received from printer on press to help and assist where necessary
- Manage all print waste
- Ensure that printed goods are palletised and paperwork is filled in appropriately
- Adhere to Company Safety, Hygiene, Environmental & Quality policies, procedures and training.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
· Experience in a similar role (desirable)
· Previous print or manufacting experience is preferred but not necessary as training will be provided
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure & produce high quality work
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· Willingness to learn
· Mechanical aptitude
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Competitive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· A career with a global packaging company where sustainability, safety and inclusion are business drivers and oundational elements of the daily work
· 34 days annual leave per annum
· Free hot drinks on site during shift breaks
· Pension scheme
· Access to free virtual GP service for all team members and their dependents
· Employee Assistance Programme which offers free and confidential support services to all team members and their family members. Services include counselling, family support, financial advice, legal advice and relationship support.
· Access to Mental Health First Aiders on site