Press OperatorFull time @Little Rapids Corporation posted 2 weeks ago
Basic Position Objective Statement:
Set up and operate printing press in a safe manner to produce quality product with minimum waste that meets the customer’s specifications and needs.
Little Rapids Corporation will manufacture products in a manner that respects the safety and health of our associates, the environment, and the communities in which we operate. We believe that every Associate plays critical role in creating a safe work environment by exhibiting personal safe behaviors. To be successful as a company, we will have exemplary safety performance.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Provide direction and guidance to the press technician assistant/press assistant to ensure overall safety, quality and production.
· Ensure press is running at full capacity, while looking to improve efficiencies, and producing quality product that meets our customer demands.
· Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts to include Kaizen, 5S, TPM and other continuous improvement efforts, as required of this position. This includes activities to this specific position/department, as well as company-wide initiatives in other areas of the organization.
· Operate printing presses safely and identify unsafe work behaviors, areas, and methods.
· Complete and maintain production records both manually and with computer systems to maintain inventory control.
· Manufacture quality finished product that meets specifications and meets/exceeds established production standards.
· Participate in all functions associated with the operation of converting equipment
· Perform required set-ups and changeovers as required.
a. Determine print job specifications using Press Side Data System
b. Set press up to run job
c. Select proper Anilox rolls, printing stock and print sleeves (place on print cylinders)
d. Thread material into press
e. Adjust slitter knives
f. Prepare ink for upcoming work order to match print deck location and ink up press
g. Run make ready roll
h. Check quality specifications
j. Conduct quality checks and record in system
k. Pull sample rolls and archive
l. Properly labeled and tag finished and/or RTS rolls
m. Collect retain samples
n. Package rolls according to customer specifications
o. Have product taken to warehouse
· Perform machine clean-ups as required. Maintain a clean, organized, “set in order”, and “shine” environment in the work areas.
· Identify and react to production problems (shortage of raw materials, safety issues, inventory issues, out of spec raw materials, quality issues, etc.).
· Troubleshoot machine problems and determine which problems need to escalate to maintenance and/or plant supervisor.
· Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions as required (e.g. safety, quality, production, teams, informational, continuous improvement, and others as requested).
· All other assignments assigned by management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the “essential functions” for purposes of the ADA.
Knowledge, Education and Training Qualifications and Certifications
High school/G.E.D. required.