- The Press Operator is responsible for assisting for the safe, quality and efficient operation of flexographic printing presses at Accredo Packaging.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and thoroughly reviews and understands the entire job jackets, job specifications, and customer requirements.
- Performs job setup/changeover and operates/troubleshoots press following all Accredo procedures and safety measures.
- Operates while following all Accredo safety and food safety policies and procedures. Proactively reports unsafe conditions or practices.
- Reports/corrects nonconforming issues, records/tracks production output and scrap and reports runtime vs. downtime.
- Trains, guides and assists Press Assistant in their role, ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly area housekeeping procedures are being completed. Coordinates activities with the Press Assistant to maximize the current job run efficiency while proactively preparing for the next job to reduce machine down time.
- Visually inspects and tests film for quality defects.
- Checks all tools and equipment at the beginning and end of each shift to ensure good housekeeping is maintained
• Basic computer skills, required. Basic math skills, required. Must pass the New Hire Base Assessment Test, which measures basic arithmetic and mechanical aptitude.
• Able to operate basic tools and measuring devices (tape measure, scale, etc.).
• Ability to read, write and speak in the English language to the extent necessary to effectively communicate and interpret instructions.
• Minimum of 3 year printing experience in a flexographic manufacturing environment operating a Wide Web Flexo Printing Press.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Experience with web-based software and ERP systems required.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• 12-hour shift work experience preferred.
• Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.