Cristaux International is a modern design and manufacturing company that specializes in custom awards and recognition solutions. Established in 2007, we pride ourselves on crafting unique, custom creations and streamlined solutions for the most elite organizations in the world. We challenge customer ideas, push the bounds of “industry standards” and simply raise the bar on every single project we touch.
We represent the echelon of avant-garde award designs and concepts that are continuously expanding using creative mediums. Our creations have been seen in over 90 countries, while our factory-to-consumer direct approach has given us the ability to bring ideas to life in the most efficient and timely manner. We are not a typical 9-5 company and encourage out-of-the-box ideas while working in a diverse and inspiring environment!
The Pre-Production Technician/Design Assistant is someone who bridges the gap between the Art Department and Production Department, while also providing assistance to the Art Department when there is an increased workload of orders. He or she is someone who is meticulous, thorough in proofing, and has a keen eye for detail and accuracy. Precision when reviewing production files for correct artwork, quantity, spelling, and other common errors are of the utmost importance, as the Pre-Production Technician will be the last to see the artwork before it goes into production. It is the responsibility of the Pre-Production Technician to ensure all production-ready files are set up properly for each decoration method and machinery, thus laying the foundation for a successful production run. It will also be this individual’s duty to make corrections and/or updates to the files as needed and upload them to the servers for reference with future orders. As an assistant to Art Department, he or she will be asked to utilize Adobe Illustrator and occasionally InDesign to set up Art Proofs & Production files for lower-tier and re-occurring orders.
Qualifications & Physical/Mental Requirements
The Pre-Production Technician/Design Assistant will need to be efficient with their time while reviewing fine details at a high level for production accuracy and being competent to edit as needed with Adobe Creative Cloud software. He or she must showcase stamina, teamwork, time management, good communication, organization, a keen eye, and interpersonal abilities. Additionally, he or she must be capable of balancing tasks between two departments and have a willingness to help where needed most.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen and advocate for best design practices.
- Engaging interpersonal skills: collaborative, friendly, flexible, and professional with attention to detail.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management abilities.
- Capable of working in an on-site team environment, as well as independently and remotely (when necessary).
- Solid understanding of the English language, written and verbal.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of pre-press/pre-production experience.
- Minimum of Associate Degree or Technical Certification in Print Technology or Graphic Communications.
- Must demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The ability to work directly with Pre-Production Supervisor, Creative Director and Production Department.
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud software (Illustrator, InDesign & Acrobat).
- Comfortable using web-based project management boards (ex. Trello), online proofing portal (ex. PandaDoc or AdobeSign), digital time recording system (Toggl) and Microsoft Office 365 (including SharePoint and Teams).
- Knowledge of offset/digital printing is a must.
- Knowledge of laser engraving, rotary engraving, sand etching, and sublimation are preferred, but not necessary as this will be included in the training.
- Experience with graphic design is highly considered.
- Experience working with CNC is a highly considered plus.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop for photo manipulation is highly considered a plus.