Flexo Printing HelperFreelance TC Transcontinental posted 2 weeks ago
Job description and requirements
TC Transcontinental Packaging is a leader in flexible packaging in North America, and Canada’s largest printer. For over 40 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success. With our 3 business sectors of Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
What TC has to offer:
- Competitive compensation package – $22.02 starting pay, 401K plan, and benefits.
- $500 sign on bonus – half paid after probationary period, half paid after one year.
- Overtime available.
- On the job training.
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
About this opportunity
TC Transcontinental Menasha has immediate openings for Entry Level Flexo Printing Helpers making $22+ an hour!
The Press Helper’s job consists of assisting the Press Operator with setting up and maintaining production of printing equipment. Duties include ensuring the work orders are properly followed, all raw materials are available, and following all quality check requirements including any HACCP/SQF procedures.
This entry level position is part of a line of progression which requires employees to move into higher skill level positions based on seniority.
This job is in a manufacturing environment working on and around heavy machinery with high-speed rotating parts; continuous strobe lights may be present. Must have the ability to operate industrial power vehicles.
Flexo Helper responsibilities include:
- Ability to work rotating 8-hour shifts (6a-2p/2p-10p/10p-6a), 12 hour shifts when production needs (6a-6p/6p-6a), weekend coverage and additional hours as required.
- Responsible for producing a quality product while maintaining production performance
- Assist with troubleshooting print defects and minor machine problems
- Report on Statistical Process Control Data on the main attributes of the order being produced
- Constantly monitor quality and waste for all orders being produced
- Continually learn the responsibilities of the various positions to create a smooth transition when advancing in the line of progression
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards
Do you have what it takes:
- This job is in a manufacturing environment working on and around heavy machinery with high-speed rotating parts; continuous strobe lights may be present. Must have the ability to operator industrial power vehicles.
- Desire to fulfill TC Transcontinental’s Values in all interactions; Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Performance.
- Printing technology education from a Technical College and/or printing press experience in flexible packaging industry is preferred but not required; (We will train on-the-job training and external training from industry experts to support the skill development for those new to the industry is available.
- Must be detail oriented and able to distinguish colors
- Must be comfortable with computers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and handle a wide variety of responsibilities in a timely manner
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing requirements.
Learn more about us
TC Transcontinental Packaging brings a distinctive blend of Art, Science and Technology to create flexible packaging that preserves our customers’ products and accentuates their brands on the store shelf. The Packaging Sector has over 4,000 employees and 25 facilities worldwide specializing in extrusion, lamination, printing and converting of plastic products.
We share the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s vision of a circular economy for plastic, where plastic never becomes waste and have committed, by 2025, for 100% of our plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable or compostable. And most recently, we joined the United Nations Global Compact – a voluntary initiative of signatory companies committing to social responsibilities around human rights, labor standards and environmental protection. You will join a high-performing team that is dedicated to sustainability and passionate about our people, operations, communities and products.
TC Transcontinental Packaging