Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital, gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, you have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. Through our robust training program, we will teach you a skilled trade and give you the opportunity to earn career level wages. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
The Lufkin facility is a web offset plant dedicated to the production of retail advertising inserts. The Lufkin location is 175,000 square feet in size and climate controlled. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad is currently seeking a full-time Offset First Press Operator in the Lufkin, TX manufacturing plant. The incumbent is responsible for operating or assisting in operating the various press machines and will play an essential role in helping Quad reduce the cost of errors, achieve client satisfaction and creating a safe and hazard free workplace. This position is a leadership role and will assist in directing the work the work activities of the press team members to ensure productivity, quality and safety goals are met. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while guiding team to meet and exceed production standards and maintaining customer quality requirements
- Know set-up and maintenance procedures for entire press
- Attain and maintain proper ink and water balance
- Keep ongoing list of maintenance issues to be addressed during next scheduled maintenance, one list for all crews
- Direct crew to specific duties during scheduled maintenance
- Check and set rollers, change if necessary
- Perform needed maintenance during any delay time
- Monitor and maintain constant ink densities per customer specifications
- Attend all Operators meetings
- Work with urgency, when press is down, to maintain production requirements
- Continue learning new and improved processes to achieve increased production
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of other Pressroom personnel
- Assist Supervisors in documenting and improving procedures and processes by offering ideas and suggestions
- Assist Supervisors in providing feedback for employee evaluations
- Facilitate teamwork among team members and between shifts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ Years Press experience
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more repeatedly
- Able to stand for 12 hours
- Detailed knowledge of offset printing process
- This position requires the ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary
- Ability to read, write and perform math operations
- Ability to distinguish colors accurately and pass a color test
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact and guide team members
- Solid organizational skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace